BACKGROUND: Bernard Pivot, a famous French journalist, was an inspiration to James Lipton (actor/writer) as host of the well-known Bravo TV program “Inside the Actors Studio”. Pivot was famous for asking his interviewees the same 10 questions at the end of each interview. These questions were modified from the works of Marcel Proust, a French intellectual, novelist, essayist and critic.
I thought it would be fun to ask myself these 10 questions and post the answers, then allow visitors to do the same. Here they are:
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on [creatively, spiritually or emotionally]?
- What turns you off?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
1 – air-conditioner
2 – blog
3 – meaningful conversation
4 – lies and ignorance
5 – fuck
6 – farting (sorry, it makes me laugh out loud)
7 – loud motorcycles
8 – interior design
9 – fisherman
10 – Come on in, you did great